By Sally from LoveStalgia
In our classes, one of the topics that were discussed was the importance of working on the relationship with your significant other after having a baby. When your little one comes into your life, your whole life changes and their needs become priority. This leaves very little time for much else! But it’s essential to the health of the family as a whole for you to take care of yourself and your relationship with your spouse or partner!
One of the ways to do just that is to go on date nights. I know it’s extremely hard sometimes to leave your little one, find a sitter, and plan a night out but personally for me, when I do actually go on a date with just my husband and I, it’s so refreshing and it makes me happier! A dinner and a movie or going to your favorite restaurant to enjoy each other’s company can do wonders for your relationship!
Here are a six date night suggestions around Orange County:
- Anaheim Packing House– we love going here for the fun ambiance and the variety of food choices it offers. There’s a cool, hidden speakeasy that you can go to but you have to make reservations. (http://theblindrabbit.com/)
- 4th Street Market– it’s similar to the Anaheim Packing House because of its dining hall feel. There are plenty of dining options to choose from. It’s a lot more casual with inside and outside seating areas. Our favorite thing to eat comes from PFC and Wagyu Chuck.
- Playground in downtown Santa Ana- reservations are strongly recommended on the weekends. They change their menu weekly and have excellent craft beer.
- The Twisted Vine in Downtown Fullerton- a romantic wine bar with a huge selection of wines as well as great food.
- Fig & Olive in Newport Beach- a favorite place with great drinks and food. I love the olive trees in the restaurant with their twinkly lights.
- Stonehill Tavern at St Regis Monarch Beach- amazing food and service. We actually went here for our 6 year anniversary and had a great experience.
No matter where you go, it’s so important to spend some quality time together- whether it’s going to a 4-star restaurant or even ordering take out and watching a movie together! Do you have a favorite date night place?